At Olas Verdes Hotel we will keep you updated regarding the requirements to entering Costa Rica for your coming visit.
Visitors from all over the world are welcome to enter Costa Rica.
These are the current requirements:
• Complete the “Health Pass” online form, 48 hours prior to your arrival.
• Purchase or proof of travel insurance (see details below).
• Follow all safety and health protocols during the flight and arrival (including wearing masks and temperature control).
• Masks are mandatory in all enclosed areas, including your airport transportation.
• Always social distancing.
Purchase or proof of travel insurance in the event of a temporary border closure. The policy must include treatment for COVID-19, and a minimum coverage value of $2000 for lodging. Local insurance policies authorized for travelers are currently available at: National Insurance Institute (INS) and Sagicor Insurance. Also available for US citizens and US residents is Trawick International, offering discounted rates. As with any purchase, it’s a good idea to read customer’s reviews.
For international insurance policies, tourists must request a certification from their insurance company, issued in English or Spanish, verifying at least three conditions:
1. Effectiveness of the policy during the visit to Costa Rica.
2. Guaranteed coverage of medical expenses in the event of becoming ill with the pandemic COVID-19 disease while in Costa Rica, for at least USD $50,000 (fifty thousand US Dollars).
3. Includes minimum coverage of $2,000 USD for lodging expenses that may result from the pandemic.
Passengers who fail to comply with these requirements may not enter the country.
For availability and questions, please contact us at [email protected]
We care about your safety and our associates. Olas Verdes efforts and protocols have been rewarded with the renowned certification from the World Travel & Tourism Council: SAFE TRAVELS