At Olas Verdes Hotel we will keep you updated regarding the requirements to entering Costa Rica for your coming visit.
Visitors from all over the world are welcome to enter Costa Rica.
These are the current requirements:
• Complete the “Health Pass” online form, within 72 hours prior to your arrival.
• Purchase or proof of travel insurance (see details below, you might not need it!).
• Follow all safety and health protocols during the flight and arrival (including wearing masks and temperature control).
• Masks are mandatory in all enclosed areas, including your airport transportation.
• Always social distancing.
Important Update regarding the insurance: Since August 1st, 2021, those travelers with a complete vaccination scheme against COVID-19, and minors under 18 years old, do not need to purchase the insurance.
The accepted vaccines are: Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, AstraZeneca, and Johnson & Johnson. The last dose of the vaccine must have been applied at least 14 days before arrival in Costa Rica.
As proof, vaccination certificates and vaccination cards that contain at least the following information will be accepted:
For tourist from USA, the “COVID-19 vaccination record card” will be received. Those who are inoculated must attach the certificate, card or “COVID-19 vaccination record card” to their Health Pass.
Purchase or proof of travel insurance in the event of a temporary border closure. The policy must include treatment for COVID-19, and a minimum coverage value of $2000 for lodging. Local insurance policies authorized for travelers are currently available at: National Insurance Institute (INS) and Sagicor Insurance. Also available for US citizens and US residents is Trawick International, offering discounted rates. As with any purchase, it’s a good idea to read customer’s reviews.
For international insurance policies, tourists must request a certification from their insurance company, issued in English or Spanish, verifying at least three conditions:
1. Effectiveness of the policy during the visit to Costa Rica.
2. Guaranteed coverage of medical expenses in the event of becoming ill with the pandemic COVID-19 disease while in Costa Rica, for at least USD $50,000 (fifty thousand US Dollars).
3. Includes minimum coverage of $2,000 USD for lodging expenses that may result from the pandemic.
Passengers who fail to comply with these requirements may not enter the country.
Would you like to check availability and ask questions? Please contact us at [email protected]